An easy do-it-yourself guide to Visualization
Visualization is a very useful technique that can and will help you, if properly implemented, anchor other mind enhancing techniques, law of attraction(effectively), reinforce subliminal and triliminal programming. Take a peek. It will not hurt!
- How to use Visualization/intro
- How to use Visualization/The Procedure
- How to use Visualization/A few closing remarks
How to use Visualization/intro
Recently a friend of mine asked me if visualization was indeed effective, or if it was an intelligently schemed ruse to have gullible people buy courses, books, products or services. My friend is very skeptical, but she knows I would try anything there is to try before I form an opinion in my head. Out of that healthy discussion this article was conceived and I thought it would be positive to share it with you.
Let`s begin by defining what visualization is: “The act of forming mental images about an idea, an object or a plan”. Basically, there are two types of visualization: Creative visualization and destructive visualization. They are pretty much self-explanatory concepts.
As you should know, the universe that surrounds you expresses itself in vibrations (energy) in the form of thoughts, images and in the power of the spoken word. This principle should be digested before you can begin to consciously manipulate energy to your advantage. These are the core elements of the famous Law of Attraction.
Much has been written about visualization and still there are thousands of people out there who haven`t consciously used it, for everybody uses it unconsciously on a daily basis. Remember that thoughts and ideas of a kind attract their equal, so you must be careful of what type of energy you generate and send out, you will attract exactly the same kind.
For those of you skeptical friends, I would strongly suggest to start out with simple things to build up your confidence. You cannot create something you do not believe in. It is that simple. There are several important steps to follow in order to make the visualization process successful. See these as a manufacturer`s usage manual. If you skip a step or do not follow through, there is no guarantee of succeeding.
How to use Visualization/The Procedure
Find a quiet spot where you can begin a relaxation exercise. Being tense does not permit the smooth flow of energy but do not trouble yourself with intricate exercises as it is unnecessary.
Once you`ve found the spot where nothing would disturb you lie down or sit down comfortably and begin tensing all your muscles: Your toes, your ankles, your feet, your calves, your legs, all the way to the top. Hold your tension for as long as you can and then let go all at once.
Take deep abdominal breaths as you count backwards from 10 to 1. Feel so relaxed that your body actually sinks in your chair or bed. Focus on a single objective you feel you need. Let`s say you want to start eating healthier food because you have always been a junk food eater. Picture yourself at your own table having a healthy breakfast. See yourself smiling and truly enjoying your meal. Next, see yourself in the same attitude during lunch and dinner times.
Do not worry if you cannot actually see the images in your head. Imagination works just the same. Feel the satisfaction and the excitement it causes you as you imagine these scenes. FEEL IT!! If your mind rambles about, take 3 deep abdominal breaths and redo the process.
It is very important that you enjoy what you see or imagine, your emotions fuel your visualization. Say mental or verbal affirmations to fix the process in your subconscious mind. “ I am healthier everyday”, “I enjoy eating healthy food”, “I am a healthy person”, or any affirmation of your own. You`d know what works for you.
Remember that affirmations must not contain the word “NO” or any other negative words. Say “I love healthy food” instead of “I don`t like junk food” or “I hate junk food”. Finish the visualization process with this affirmation:
“This or something much better manifests for me right now with total satisfaction, harmony and for the greater well being of all life” (You can say it in your own words. Just make sure all the elements are there). That affirmation will allow greater and even better possibilities of manifestation.
How to use Visualization/A few closing remarks
· Know that you must practice the visualization process at least once a day and preferably at the same time. However, the more you practice the sooner the manifestation will occur.
· Always do your visualizations relaxed and with a happy disposition. This is paramount. If you feel obligated to do it, believe me, it will never work! I recommend you to use relaxing instrumental music as an aide in your exercise.
· Keep this to yourself. That way energy is focused and not weakened by dissipation through the spoken word. When you spread the word of what you are doing people will tend to ask you about it. This severs the link you have been painstakingly trying to build because doubts crawl in.
· Destructive visualization is a free ticket to death row. NEVER use visualization to cause harm, obtain something which belongs to someone else, or for illegal purposes. The chain reaction you would unleash could even cost you your very life. No pun intended.
· Try not to delve obsessively in your visualization project. Go about your normal activities and if any thought of it comes around your head, just say “Thank you. I am a healthy person” or whatever phrase that applies to your project.
· If you happen to be in a depressed mood or angry, anxious or worried at the time of your exercise, skip it that day or postpone it for a later hour when you feel up to it. Joy is an irreplaceable ingredient in visualization.
· Manifestation cannot be controlled by your whims. The outcome will be a product of how perseverant and consistent you were during its creation. The best time for things to happen is when they happen. If you do your work properly and wait patiently being grateful, the results may astonish you beyond description.
Never deny yourself an opportunity of accomplishing wonderful things in your life, just because you`ve never heard of this or you`ve never tried. Try your hardest and see what happens, victory may show up around the next corner.
To your Success!
Copyright ©Mystique® 2010
Copyright ©Alberto J. Alvarez G.® 2010