How to overcome your junk food addiction
Do you eat a lot of junk food? Try to change the habits!
* Don’t shop for food when you’re hungry. If possible, do your weekly food shop when you’ve just had a large meal. This makes you much more likely to buy less food, and therefore less junk food for you to snack on during the week.
* Don’t buy junk food from the shop. If you buy junk food, then you will eat it. If you get a very bad craving which you absolutely cannot overcome, it is much better to walk to the shop (therefore getting exercise) than it is to reach into your jam packed full junk food cupboard.
* Don’t see eating as socialising. We all do this, so don’t worry. If you look upon eating as a social occasion, for example going out for meals with friends, then you will see food as luxurious and will be more likely to crave it. If you see food merely as a fuel for your body, then this won’t be as much of a problem.
* Buy a book of sudoku. Seriously, this might work. It doesn’t have to be sudoku, but could be crosswords, wordsearches, anything which might distract you away from a craving. If you’re keeping yourself busy, you will prevent yourself from eating through sheer boredom, which is what a lot of people do.
* Keep a food diary. If you do this, you will soon be able to see just how much junk food you are eating per day. This can sometimes shock people into making the change that they need to improve their lives, so don’t underestimate the power of your pen.