Neem Leaves: Cure for Scalp Infections and Skin Disorders
Neem has been regarded as the Medicinal Plant since centuries. In this article, we will look at the potential usage of neem leaves in skin care and hair care.
Neem or Margosa Leaves
Neem Tree has been referred to as the "Nature's Drugstore". Every part of the tree is used in some or the other kind of medicinal preparations like the oil form the leaves of the tree is used in manufacturing soaps, the slender branches are used as teeth cleaners. The tree has numerous health benefits and is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-diabetic and anti-fertility. In this article, we would look at some of the benefits of neem on skin care and hair care.
Use in Skin Care
Neem is anti-bacterial and anti-fungal so it keeps all kinds of skin disorders at bay if used regularly.
- * You can chew the leaves of the tree early in the morning accompanying it with honey. The leaves would purify your blood, build up your immune system, improves the toxin elimination process and reduce the blood sugar level which is very good for diabetics. Chewing them will clean your teeth too.
* Boil its leaves in water and use the boiled water for bathing purposes. It will take care of all your skin disorders. This is a good way of maintaining hygiene in the private parts of the body and also helps get rid of bacteria responsible for body odor.
* Make a paste of the leaves for a face mask. It is extremely good for clearing up acne and pimples.
* Apply the neem water on any skin disorder like fungal infections or any kind of allergies. They get cleared up in a day or two.
* Neem oil or water is of great relief for any kinds of skin burns or cuts
* Gives great relief from sunburns too
Use in Hair Care
Since the neem leaves are anti-bacterial, they can be used in getting rid of scalp infections.
- * Mix your hair oil with neem oil every time you oil your hair. Or, apply the neem oil an hour before washing your hair. It would kill all the bacteria present on the scalp. And, it is a great cure for hair loss.
* Applying the paste of its leaves on the scalp gets rid of scalp acne and itchy scalp. It is a good cure for dandruff too.
* Helps in healthy growth of hair
Prevent moth infestation
Dry neem leaves under direct sun and powder them. Store in a jar. It will keep for an year without getting spoiled. Make pouches of cloth and fill them with the powder and put them in corners of the cupboards among the clothes and books. This will keep all kinds of insects away. You may also add a few drops of your favorite essential oil. This would give a pleasant smell to your cupboards and clothes.
**Read more home remedies on my blog**