Secrets of Sprouted Beans: Benefits, Preparation and Recipes
Are sprouted beans one of the most nutritive foods? Beans are possibly one of the nutritive foods. Sprouted grains are becoming more and more popular since there is vast difference between raw bean and sprouted bean for the nutritional value as well as nice taste.
- Sprouting and Suitable Beans
- Nutritional Value
- Sprouting Process Synthesize Nutritional Values
- Raw Food Diet - Be Cautious
- Sprout Recipe
- Other Articles by Muthusamy
Sprouting and Suitable Beans
Bean sprouts not only have fresh flavor, but also taste good. You may sprout all seeds, but you will find outstanding nutritional value in the legume family.
What is sprouting?
Wikipedia says, 'sprouting is the practice of soaking, draining and then rinsing seeds at regular intervals until they germinate, or sprout.
You will find bean sprouts in vegetable shops and super malls in India. If not available, you may prepare sprouted beans using cluster bean, green (mung) gram, horse gram, chickpea (channa), cowpea, peanut, fenugreek, green pea, lentil, soya bean, red kidney bean (rajma) etc. and the sprouts could be eaten raw or cooked. You must use absolutely fresh bean sprouts. Take extreme caution while you prepare bean sprouting. Sometimes the warmth and humidity needed may also be helpful to the growth of harmful bacteria. Use them soon after preparation or purchase, since they taste sour. Avoid the older ones.
There are 27 calories in 100g of bean sprouts and its nutritional value includes protein - 2.3; carbohydrate - 3.2; fat - 0.6 and fiber - 1.2. The bean sprouts are rich in vitamin A, the vitamin B complex, vitamin C and vitamin E, as well as various minerals amino acids, phytochemicals and enzymes. They are very good to protect against cancer, fatigue and the immune system.
Sprouting Process Synthesize Nutritional Values
The dieticians have found that germinated or sprouted beans contain high nutritional value than the dried bean seeds. The sprouting process increases protein content and helps in the synthesis of A, B and C vitamins, and minerals; simultaneously the bean seeds loose the calorific and carbohydrate values substantially. So you are just able to prepare and get the concentration of protein, vitamins, minerals and enzymes from your dried bean seeds.
Raw Food Diet - Be Cautious
If you are impressed with the nutritional value you may consume bean sprouts as a raw food diet. Be warned that some beans have certain toxins which may give you some stomach problems. You start with cooked bean sprouts. Occasionally taste small amount of raw bean sprouts. If you could not notice any digestive problem, continue to consume in lesser quantities.
Sprouted Salad (Indian Style)
1) Mixed Sprouts - 1 Cup (What ever seed available?)
2) Grated vegetables:(optional) - 1 Cup (Carrot, Cabbage, beet root)
3) Grated coconut (optional) - as required
4) Onion - finely chopped - ¼ Cup
5) Green chilly - chopped - 1-2 Nos
6) Coriander leaves - chopped - as required
7) Curry leaves - chopped - as required
8) Garlic - 1-2 Nos
9) Mustard seeds - ½ Tsp
10) Olive oil or Sun flower oil - 1 Tsp
11) Lemon Juice (to taste) - 1-2 Tsp
12) Turmeric powder - as required
13) Black pepper powder - as required
14) Salt (Crystal salt-To taste) - as required
1) Warm oil in a frying pan
2) Add mustard, turmeric powder
3) Add onion, garlic, chilly
4) Add grated vegetable and sprouts
5) Saute for 3 minutes
6) Add lemon juice
7) Spread coriander and curry leaves
8) Serve hot
1) Bean Sprouts http://www.recopezaar.com.library/getentry.zsp?id=198
2) Bean Sprouts
Good-quality Bean Sprouts will be crisp-looking, almost dry and bright-white. ... in the Book of Daniel, it took centuries for the West to fully realize its nutrition ...
3) Bean Sprouts
Welcome to Bean Sprout Nirvana. Learn, buy or just dream. Beans are crunchy ... It cooks in a fraction of the time of dry beans, has more flavor and nutrition and is just an all ...
4) Bean Sprouts: Definitions from Answers.com
Food and Nutrition: bean sprouts. Any of a number of peas, beans, and seeds which can be germinated and the ...
5) How Many Calories in Bean Sprouts
Bean Sprouts calories and nutritional information. ... Table 1 shows calories in 100g of Bean Sprouts and its nutrition information.
6) Sprouting - Wikipedia
Mung Bean sprouts have B vitamin increases, compared to the dry seeds, ....
Other Articles by Muthusamy
Have you tried Wikinut yet? Write about whatever you like and get paid royalties. Start Writing in Wikinut
Other Pages by Muthusamy
1. Anxiety Disorders in Children: Fast Facts on Causes, Treatment and Parental Tips Part 3
2. Anxiety Disorders in Children: Fast Facts on Causes, Treatment and Parental Tips Part 2
3. Anxiety Disorders in Children: Fast Facts on Causes, Treatment and Parental Tips Part 3
4. Laughter is the Best Medicine
5. Attitude Transforms Your Behavior and Personality
6. Computer Vision Syndrome (Computer Eye Strain): Ten Important Steps to Get Relief from CVS
8. Vitamin K: Quick Facts You should Know about this Life Saving Vitamin
9. Cataract: Surgery alone can Treat Cataract
10. Cholesterol: Monitor Your Cholesterol Level and safeguard your Health
11. Quick Facts on Blood and Blood Donation
12. Trichology: The Science of Hair Care Treatment Your Hair Loss and Scalp Diseases