The Do's and Don’ts in Wearing Contact Lenses
Contact lens is an important medical device that has to be correctly and properly prescribed and fitted and carefully maintained to help a person see clearly abd correct eye imperfections such as impaired vision, near sightedness, astigmatism and many other.
Wearing and taking care of yuor contact lenses may seem complicated at first, however these simple steps can help you maximize the life of contact lenses especially by wearing them safely and comfortably.
1. Cleans and disinfect with a solution specifically made for contact lenses.
2. Wash your hands with a mild soap and dry it before handling contact lenses.
3. Apply hair spray before inserting lenses and apply makeup afterward, remove makeup after removing lenses.
4. Remove lenses if eyes become red and irritated. Consult a doctor if problem persist.
5. Replace contact lenses as recommended.
6. Have spare lenses and solution when traveling.
7. Attend regular eye check-up as scheduled.
1. Use distilled water, tap water, or saliva to clean the lens.
2. Swim or take a bath with lenses on.
3. Forget to discard lenses when needed and replace with fresh solution each time it is being clean.
4. Wear contact lens overnight.